Wednesday, February 4, 2009

5Months Old

I've been so busy this month. I figured out how to suck on my toes! I also learned to sit up without mommy holding me. I'm such a smart little boy!



My newest favorite thing is rocking back and forth on my elbows and knees, and sitting up like a big boy. Mommy is so sneaky, she caught me on tape. I was doing so good at avoiding the video camera too.



Mommy & I went on a vacation to where she grew up. She said we had to take a plane to get there. I was a little scared at first, but mommy told me I was safe since she was right there. When we got off the plane, I was surprised to see such a big city. I've never seen so many people. I got to see my grandmas & grandpa again. I was wondering where they got to. Mommy even introduced me to more of our family, people she called aunt, uncle & cousins. I even met a person called great grandpa. Mommy says that he is grandpas daddy. While we were visiting mommy & I had our picture taken with grandpa & great-grandpa. As soon as grandma gets the pictures she promised to send me one.
Mommy also took me to see some of her friends from when she was little. One of mommy's friends even has a little boy just a few months older then me. We had so much fun playing together.


I had a really big surprise when daddy showed up. I was so excited to see him again. You should have seen the look on his face. You could tell he was shocked to see how big I am.


The night before we came home, we stayed at a hotel with grandma & grandpa, so that we were close to the airport. What a night that was. Shortly after we got there the power when out, and then these sirens started making noise. Mommy picked me up and we ran to the basement. Grandma & grandpa were right behind us. We sat in the basement of the hotel with no power for nearly an hour. Mommy said that we were hiding from tornados, and she'd keep me safe. She's such a good mommy! She even put herself between me and the glass wall just incase the tornado broke the glass. Then grandpa sat between mommy & the glass, to protect both of us. I met this really nice little girl while we were in the basement. She came over to talk to mommy & me. She said that she was scared of the tornado but being with me helped her not to be so afraid. Only 5 months old, and all ready I'm such a Good Samaritan! We're back home now from our vacation, and I really miss everybody already. I can't wait until next time I get to visit with grandmas & grandpa.

My mouth has been bothering me lately. Mommy says that soon I will have a couple teeth. She has this magic stuff that she puts on my gums to make them feel better when I cry. Mommy says that once my teeth come in that my mouth won't hurt until I'm ready for more teeth. I hope she's right, I'm ready for a break from all the ouchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment